An electric breast pump has a cord connected to an electrical supply to power the pump that creates suction to express milk. It can be held by hand, or worn with a nursing bra.
Parts of a breast pump
- The breast shield that fits around the breast and nipple area
- The pump that creates the vacuum that expresses milk
- A milk container that fits below the breast shield and collects the milk.
How to use an electric breast pump
- Disassemble all the parts
- Clean them with a neutral detergent
- Find a private place where you feel relaxed.
- Place the breast shield on your breast. Make sure it covers your nipple.
- Begin pumping.
- Remove the breast shield after you are done.
- Unscrew the bottle and place a cap on it.
- Clean the pump in warm, soapy water and set out to dry.
- It requires less effort compared to a manual pump.
- It saves you time
- Its small size makes it portable